Thursday, April 30, 2015

Who Am I?

I was invited to become a guest blogger for Faith Beyond Belief. I am addressing the argument that one's identity is in their sexual orientation thus making acting on homosexual attraction a justified behaviour. 

***

"The question: “Who am I?” is one that is old as dirt. When this question is asked, many people take a trip down a common road of qualifications such as name and vocation. It is true that someone’s name identifies them and their career says something about them, but neither name nor career defines them as people in toto. There was a time when sexual orientation was also not included as a qualifier, as even though it is a part of who someone is, it does not complete them. However, times have changed, and now when someone in Western society says “I am gay,” their homosexuality is not just “a part of who they are”; it is in fact the very essence of who they are." - Con't here

No comments:

Post a Comment